GREETINGS FROM YOUR EXALTED RULER...
Heritage Fest was fun! Thanks to Rusty Vinal and all the Elks volunteers. If you missed out then there is always next year.
The gun Raffle is coming up and now you can buy tickets right on the website. Just go to tiffinelks.com to purchase as many as you like. Remember this event is open to the public so if you know anyone who would be interested please let them know how to get tickets.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION IF YOU HAVE TEENAGERS!!
You can get your kids money for college. The Elks offer scholarships.
Go to elks.org/scholars for the application and all requirements. Some info your kiddo will need below:
- FAFSA - ACT/SAT
- A resume.
- An essay of 300 words or less describing a leadership opportunity and your growth from the experience.
- A counselor's report is due by November 22 and can not be started until the student completes and submits their application.
Forever in Elkdom,
Branden Johnson, ER
FROM THE SECRETARY...
Can you believe is already October? We had a great time on Heritage Festival weekend and it was good to see many of you down at the lodge. I'm looking forward to seeing you all again at the Gun Raffle in November!
Unfortunately, we had to say goodbye to two long-time members, Glenn Ritzenthaler and Jack Wangler, who both passed away early in September. Jack was a member for 33 years, and Glenn (or Ritzy) was a member for 69 years and was a past ER. Our lodge was lucky to have such dedicated members and both will be sorely missed.
We initiated three new members this past month- Richard Chwalik, Chris Kiefer, and Martin Coffmen, Jr (Junior). Let's give them a warm welcome to the lodge!
Laura Johnson, Secretary
FROM THE TRUSTEES...
- October 04: Annual Inspection
- October 06: Build A Burger Birthday Dinner
- October 27: SCYP BOOzin’ Bar Crawl and Halloween movie night
- November 03: Gun and Cash Raffle
- November 10: Veterans Day Dinner
- November 22: Thanksgiving Safezone
- December 02: Memorial Service
- December 15: Kids Christmas Party
- December 15: Hoop Shoot
- December 24: Tom and Jerry party
- December 27: Martini Party
- January 22: RF&B @ The Elks
- February 02: Build a Burger
- February 03: Super Bowl Party
- February 13: Oven Roasted Chicken Meal
- February 22: Flat Iron Steak Meal
- March 02: Build-a-Burger
- March 13: Dinner at the Elks
- March 16: St. Patty's Day Dinner
- March 22: Dinner at the Elks
- March 23: Ladies Night!
- April 06: Build a Burger
- April 10: Dinner at the Elks - Ribs or Eggplant Parmesan
- April 13: Awards Party!
- April 20: New Elks Officers Installation Ceremony
- April 26: Arbor Day Benefit Dinner at Elks
- May 04: Build-a-Burger, Derby Party
- May 11: Build your own Pasta Dinner
- May 15: Brisket Dinner
- May 22: Italian Buffet
- June 12: Chicken Dinner
- June 15: Flag Day Ceremony
- June 15: Clouse Dog Night!
- June 19: Martin family's South of The Border Meal
- July 17: BBQ Ribs Dinner
- August 03: CornHole Tournament
- August 03: Build-a-Burger
- August 17: Golf Tournament
- August 18: The Regatta
- September 11: First Responders Prime Rib Dinner
- October 05: Build a burger
- October 05: BAND: The Cover Story
- November 13: Dinner: Beef and Noodles
- November 16: Elks Gun Raffle
- December 06: Hot Chocolate
- December 07: Build a Burger
- December 14: Elks Kids Christmas Party
- December 14: Hoop Shoot
- December 24: Tom and Jerry party
- December 26: Annual Martini Party
- January 29: Club open
- February 01: Build a Burger
- February 02: Superbowl Party!
- May 19: Patio Open!
- May 20: Patio Open!
- May 21: BBQ Dinner
- May 22: Club Open!
- May 22: Club Open!
- October 17: Annual Gun Raffle and Adventure Package Raffle
The trustees would like to say Thanks to all the volunteers that helped with all parts of Heritage Festival this year. Without your hard work these events would not be successful!
Thursday, October 4th will be the Lodge’s annual inspection. All members are encouraged to attend the meeting at 8 p.m. to visit with our state representatives and enjoy.
Saturday, October 6th will be the Birthday Dinner and Build a Burger. The grill will be fired up from 5:30 to 8. Hope to see you there enjoying some food and college football.
Saturday, October 27th we will be a part of the SCYP BOOzin’ Bar Crawl. In connection with that event we will be holding our own Halloween events at the club.
Gun and Cash Raffle tickets have been mailed. If you haven’t received them yet or would like more please stop by the club or contact an officer. This event needs everyone’s participation!
TAX DEDUCTABLE DONATIONS
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR CHARITABLE EFFORTS!
Your Tiffin Elks Lodge #94 has a long standing tradition of benevolence by supporting local Seneca County Charities through donations. These donations are provided through the B.P.O.E. #94 accounts with the Tiffin Community Foundation. As required by the State of Ohio, 25% of our gambling revenues are directed to the Elks fund with The Tiffin Community Foundation. We also supplement these funds by holding numerous and varied activities and fund raising events throughout the year. Please join us in this cause by channeling some of your annual charitable contributions to:
Tiffin Community Foundation
68 S. Washington St.
Tiffin, Ohio 44883
Please include a note that your donation is to be deposited into the BPOE Tiffin Lodge #94 Account. Upon request, the Foundation will send you a receipt for your Tax Deduction purposes. All contributions are greatly appreciated.
|Mary Kate Hayes
Be sure to come down and get your FREE
birthday dinner on October 6th!!
|01 Dennis J Joseph
||05 Matthew Skeel
||06 Brandon Nye
||06 Eileen Werkman
|07 Sara Rochester
||07 David A Werner
||08 Jack Rose
||09 William Reineke
|09 Tom Stine
||11 Thomas Shuman
||12 Candida Cunningham
||13 Kathy Dandurand
|13 Steve Hook
||14 Tami Tharp
||17 Sandy L Hallett
||17 Diane Nutter
|19 Paul Hemminger
||19 Ronald Reinhart
||20 Audrey Burkholder
||20 William A Nordholt
|23 Michael Frisch
||31 Marvin E King