GREETINGS FROM YOUR EXALTED RULER...
I can not believe it's time for Heritage Festival again! This will be my fourth fest at the Elks and every year it is a great time. I want to see you all at the club on Friday the 14th because this is also our 130th year the Elks have been in Tiffin. We are celebrating with surprise drink specials for those that attend. The next morning on the 15th come watch the parade with us on the balcony and enjoy breakfast. I will need some help right after the parade at kids corner so please hit reply on this email if you would like to volunteer for a few hours.
On September 22nd, there is a river clean up meeting at the Junior Home Park at 9 am. We'll have a group of Tiffin Elks going to represent the lodge. Come join us and wear your Tiffin Elks shirt!
Forever in Elkdom,
Branden Johnson, ER
FROM THE SECRETARY...
With the start of school, we still have plenty of fun planned for this fall! If you haven't gotten around to renewing your membership please do so soon. Unfortunately, we still have 46 members who have yet to renew. Please spread the word to anyone you know who may not have renewed yet!
We've had a quiet couple of months with membership initiations. Let's try to reinvigorate interest in the lodge! If you know anyone curious about the Elks, please bring them as guests to any of our events to check us out. If you know anyone who has expressed interest in joining, offer to give them an application or note you can apply online at elks.org.
Laura Johnson, Secretary
FROM THE TRUSTEES...
- September 01: Build A Burger
- September 05: Wednesday Meals at Elks - Beef Sandwiches
- September 14: Elk 94's 130th Anniversary
- September 15: Breakfast and Parade
- September 15: Kids Corner
- September 15: Band: Rusty Vinyl
- October 04: Annual Inspection
- October 06: Build A Burger Birthday Dinner
- October 27: SCYP BOOzin’ Bar Crawl and Halloween movie night
- November 03: Gun and Cash Raffle
- November 10: Veterans Day Dinner
- November 22: Thanksgiving Safezone
- December 02: Memorial Service
- December 15: Kids Christmas Party
- December 15: Hoop Shoot
- December 24: Tom and Jerry party
- December 27: Martini Party
- January 22: RF&B @ The Elks
- February 02: Build a Burger
- February 03: Super Bowl Party
- February 13: Oven Roasted Chicken Meal
- February 22: Flat Iron Steak Meal
- March 02: Build-a-Burger
- March 13: Dinner at the Elks
- March 16: St. Patty's Day Dinner
- March 22: Dinner at the Elks
- March 23: Ladies Night!
- April 06: Build a Burger
- April 10: Dinner at the Elks - Ribs or Eggplant Parmesan
- April 13: Awards Party!
- April 20: New Elks Officers Installation Ceremony
- April 26: Arbor Day Benefit Dinner at Elks
- May 04: Build-a-Burger, Derby Party
- May 11: Build your own Pasta Dinner
- May 15: Brisket Dinner
- May 22: Italian Buffet
- June 12: Chicken Dinner
- June 15: Flag Day Ceremony
- June 15: Clouse Dog Night!
- June 19: Martin family's South of The Border Meal
- July 17: BBQ Ribs Dinner
- August 03: CornHole Tournament
- August 03: Build-a-Burger
- August 17: Golf Tournament
- August 18: The Regatta
We would first like to say Thanks to all participants and winners of this year’s Golf Scramble and The Minimal Regatta. Many of our members volunteered their time and resources to make these events a huge success for the Club. The trustees would like to also say Thanks to all the donors to both events!
September doesn’t slow down when you are looking for things to do at the Club. Saturday, September 1st we will do Burger night to coincide with the start of College Football Season. There will be a special menu for the night and dinner will run from 5 p.m. till 7:30 p.m.
Heritage Festival weekend will start Friday, September 14th with the club bar being open to members and their guests. Saturday, September 15th events kick off with the member/family/guest breakfast and bloody mary bar prior to the parade. We will again host Kids Corner for the Heritage Festival throughout the afternoon after the parade. So bring the kids over for a great afternoon. Once the sun sets Rusty Vinyl will take the stage at 7:30.
Looking forward keep your eyes on the mail. You will soon see this year’s Gun and Cash Raffle Tickets arriving. We have made some changes in the event to appeal to more. This is our largest fundraiser and your support is appreciated.
TAX DEDUCTABLE DONATIONS
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR CHARITABLE EFFORTS!
Your Tiffin Elks Lodge #94 has a long standing tradition of benevolence by supporting local Seneca County Charities through donations. These donations are provided through the B.P.O.E. #94 accounts with the Tiffin Charitable Foundation. As required by the State of Ohio, 25% of our gambling revenues are directed to the Elks fund with The Tiffin Charitable Foundation. We also supplement these funds by holding numerous and varied activities and fund raising events throughout the year. Please join us in this cause by channeling some of your annual charitable contributions to:
Tiffin Charitable Foundation
68 S. Washington St.
Tiffin, Ohio 44883
Please include a note that your donation is to be deposited into the BPOE Tiffin Lodge #94 Account. Upon request, the Foundation will send you a receipt for your Tax Deduction purposes. All contributions are greatly appreciated.
|Mary Kate Hayes
Be sure to come down and get your FREE
birthday dinner on September 1st!!
|01 LaVerne Keefe
||01 Anthony Reser
||02 Bryan Bryant
||02 Bruce Powers
|04 Patricia Adams
||04 Charles Christensen
||04 Drew Hanley
||05 Raymond J Krupp
|07 Kenneth E Canode Jr
||08 William Eberly
||12 James H Getz
||12 Robert Shreiner
|13 Thomas H Eastlick
||13 Dale W Griffis
||16 Meagan McBride Klein
||18 Deborah S Weilnau
|19 Chad Fitzgerald
||20 David J Claus
||24 James Deats
||24 Tony Paulus
|24 Ralph C Smothers II
||26 Dana L Eblin
||30 Jason E McClaflin